HALLI – Hackaton for Leadership in Local Innovations – is an all – Ukrainian project–incubator aimed at boosting and fostering innovations in local self-governance.
Mission: support local communities to design and implement innovative ideas, projects & IT solutions, thus improving people’s lives, strengthening democracy and good governance as well as promoting Ukraine’s potential for creativity and innovations.
Key objective: identify local leaders and their innovative IT ideas & creative solutions, unite them into networks of active “change-makers” and assist to implement their projects in real life.
What does the term "hackathon" mean? This concept came into use in the late 90's (English "hackathon", which is a combination of the words "hack", meaning "hacker" and "marathon", translated as "marathon") to denote meetings that bring together experts from different areas in the field of programming, which jointly develop certain IT ideas, promote them, promote implementation. Their main goal is to stimulate beginners in the field to reveal their potential and motivate them to implement their ideas.
It is important to stimulate ideas at the local level:
- Social innovations developed in a "vacuum" have difficulties in implementing them, so it is important to stimulate them through hackathon networks and tools;
- Better meet people's needs by integrating modern IT solutions into everyday life;
- The project contributes to the strengthening of decentralization reform, which opens up a wide range of opportunities. Local governments have been given many additional powers, new tools for local governance. The implementation of innovative local solutions provides an opportunity to implement new powers in the best way.
Ideas for HALLI can be in the following areas:
- Improving access to services (in the areas of housing and communal services, health care, social security, etc.);
- Solving environmental problems of the community / region;
- Increasing the transparency of local government activities and promoting the participation of people in the decision-making process at the local level;
- Increasing the investment attractiveness of the region and improving the conditions for doing business;
- Your version of the direction of socially useful and innovative ideas.
Who might be interested in HALLI::
- representatives of small and medium business;
- representatives of civil society and active citizens seeking quality change;
- scientists, students, active youth;
- representatives of creative professions;
- local governments that are ready to support innovations and be reliable partners for them.
Interested in participating in HALLI? Join us!
- Apply for HALLI https://www.halli.org.ua/, also follow Facebook
- Form a team of like-minded people and present it to us
- At the appointed time, be ready to present the idea and take part in the competition with other teams
- Wait for the result and be ready to implement the idea!
During the project we expect:
- to inform and involve in the HALLI project initiative leaders among 1500 communities with a target audience of more than 200,000 people;
- to attract 50 applications for the Ideaton stage, selecting 15 applications for the next stage;
- to form 15 teams with 3-5 participants in each (professional lecturers and mentors will work with the selected teams);
- conduct training with the participation of professional lecturers and mentors for participants to promote and implement their ideas, build communication bridges, organize local coalitions to achieve a common goal;
- choose 3 winning projects, 12 more - to award motivational prizes;
- to involve all selected participants in the professional network of ANTS.
The project is implemented with the support of the National Endowment for Democracy and implemented by the NGO ANTS.