At least 28 buildings of religious significance were affected by Russian military aggression. Religious buildings In six regions of Ukraine religious buildings are claimed to be fully destroyed: Kyiv, Donetsk, Zhytomyr, Luhansk, Kharkiv and Chernihiv. The vast majority of them are Orthodox churches.
Such data were published by the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine.
According to the Ministry, the list of the shrines, destroyed or damaged by russian invaders is as follows:
- Ukrainian Evangelical Theological Seminary in Kyiv,
- Svyatogorsk Lavra in Donetsk region,
- Church of the Holy Blessed Queen Tamara in Kharkiv region,
- Sumy Theological Seminary of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church,
- Yeletsky Monastery in Chernihiv, founded in 1069
- St. George's Church in Brovary region, built in 1873
- 160-year-old wooden church of the Most Holy Mother of God of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in the village of Elmka, Zhytomyr region.
- Temple of the Holy Women of myrrh-bearers in Kharkiv
"The fact of bombing the religious buildings in different parts of Ukraine testifies to the special cynicism and graceful deceit of the russian invaders. They claim to be attacking only strategic military targets. Instead, due to the actions of the Russian military forces, three dozen religious sites and buildings have already suffered considerable destruction," claims Maxym Kiyak, an expert and religious scholar. Targeting religious structures is a violation of all possible norms of international law, not to mention moral and ethical norms, which the "second army of the world" completely irnore. At the same time, the aggressor intimidates and kills clerics, continuing their familiar KGBist methods. These descendants of Stalin and Putin's myrmidons are accustomed to the fact that the Church can only play the function of legitimizing the authoritarian regime. Actually, as it has always been and still is in Muscovy, when priests differ from FSB (secret intelligence) officers only by the presence of cass cassers. But the only religion that professes these barbarians of our time is man-hating."
The expert is convinced that it will not be long before, thanks to Ukrainian Armed Forces and the resilience of the Ukrainian people, the occupiers will be prosecuted not only by the Hague Court, but also by the Heavenly Court of The God.
Photo taken from the website of the State Service of Ukraine for Ethnopolitics and Freedom of Conscience